Monday, August 15, 2011

Charlie & Co. Burgers, Westfield Sydney

Some would consider $14 for a burger to be overpriced when you can get a $5 meal at McDonalds – especially when you're a starving uni student – but I guess there's something wrong with my priorities when I would rather spend $20 on one day's lunch rather than one week's worth of groceries. In justification, burgers are pretty up there on my favourite types of food lists, alongside ramen, pies and pizza; and the burgers at Charlie & Co. Burgers are pretty damn smashing. I've been twice, and I would go again right now if my wallet wasn't hurting so much.

The Federation Burger, Charlie & Co. Burgers
Federation Burger $16 (eat in)/$14 (eat out)

Call me undignified but give me a set of silverware to eat a giant burger and confusion will ensue. After many previous failed attempts at eating burgers with cutlery I will advise you, dear reader, when presented with such a situation to give a finger to table etiquette and pick up that baby in your hands. One such burger that requires handling with care is the federation burger – an Angus beef patty with tomato relish, tomatoes, lettuce, aged cheddar, fried egg, bacon, sautéed onion and aioli. I regret nothing. It was deliciously messy.

The Producers Burger, Charlie & Co. Burgers
Producers' Burger $14 (eat in)/$12 (eat out) 

The second time I came around here I settled on the vegetarian option, due to some annoying conscience nagging me about healthier eating. The producers' burger  is compromised of marinated mushrooms, grilled haloumi, sun-dried tomatoes, baby spinach and aioli on a sesame bun. The haloumi was amazing and the aioli perfect though mushrooms will never quite live up to a slab of meat in my mind (sorry vegos) but whatever, it was delicious anyway.

Parmesan Truffle Fries, Charlie & Co. Burgers
Parmesan and Truffle Fries $8

The parmesan and truffle fries are actually amazing. There have been a lot of mixed reviews on the blogosphere about these being lukewarm or whatever blah blah blah they were perfect every time I've ordered them. Which is every time I go through this food court. Fragrant with truffle oil and topped with a generous amount of parmesan cheese, these are unhealthily moreish. At eight dollars a serve, these are rather expensive but I'm obsessed.


Charlie & Co. Burgers
Level 5, Westfield Sydney, Market St, Sydney 2000
Telephone: (02) 8072 7777

Charlie & Co Burgers on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. I've not had the burgers at Charlie & Co yet, but I did try the fries (I didn't like them as they were WAY to oily - like OTT) and the Onion Rings (OMG - so good)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't actually eat at Charlie & Co, but did try their wagyu burger and and fries at Taste of Sydney. I found the fries a bit overpowering. Josh has had them at Charlie & Co and said they were much better there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a burger tonight will be just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete