Monday, March 26, 2012

Lately on Instagram

Filler post time! I've been really busy with uni and working with Secret Foodies lately, so I have't had as many opportunities to carry my DSLR around for the blog. However one handy camera that is always hanging around in my pocket is my iphone, so here's a collection of some of the things I've eaten lately in crappy quality. This also means I've basically become one of those annoying people who compulsively photographs their meal before eating it, but whatever. My instagram username is 'lolalost' if you'd like to follow me there. I'll be back next week with a proper post!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

From the top, left to right:
  • A fig, prosciutto and goats cheese salad with honey balsamic dressing that I made for dinner; the chocolate soufflĂ© made by Warwick and I at a free Fratelli Fresh cooking class in Waterloo (highly recommended, by the way)
  • Wattleseed macaccino and the sashimi lunch set at Cafe Ish in Surry Hills
  • A lovely breakfast made for me by a nice boy before I had to rush off to work on a Sunday morning; a healthy summer breakfast of Greek yoghurt, honey, toasted muesli and nectarine
  • Tea time with my favourite kitty mug and Arnott's scotch fingers; shortbread cookies with dark chocolate squiggles, made with frozen leftover crust dough from my apricot tart
  • A late afternoon post-work gin & tonic by the harbour at The Deck Brassiere, Milsons Point; black sesame tang yuan for breakfast, a Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) tradition
  • Smoked salmon, eggs and pesto on sourdough at The Bean in Glebe; breakfast for dinner with a poached egg, avocado and salmon on a wholemeal English muffin
  • Salted caramel and hazelnut praline gelato from Gelato Messina, Darlinghurst; green tea ice-cream and red bean spring rolls at KuraKura Japanese
  • Thinly sliced wild snapper, truffle oil, pork crackling and the daily sashimi selection at Toko, Surry Hills
  • Fruity Monday margaritas and chorizo fajitas at the Flying Fajita Sistas in Glebe
  • Ajitama ramen from Makanai, Chatswood; Octopus takoyaki from Colo Tako, at the Chatswood food markets
  • Scotch brownies I baked for my baby friend Shalia's 18th birthday bash; baking kanelbullar (cinnamon buns) with my Swedish gay husband last Christmas

4 comments:

  1. Set me up with your Swedish gay husband please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lola,

    The fig, prosciutto and cheese salad is my fave, such vibrant colours. The tang yuen is such a classic chinese dish and it always reminds me of the passing of another year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i haven't had scotch fingers with milk tea in such a long time! going to buy a pack :3

    ReplyDelete