Monday, April 4, 2011

Blueberry Apple Crumble

Frozen Blueberries
Frozen Blueberries

So I found a box of frozen blueberries in my freezer and decided to make a crumble. Lacking in butter, I made a vegan (albeit less awesome tasting) version of the dessert (which was really my lunch and dinner). I don't follow recipes and don't own measuring utensils so everything I make is a little haphazard, but this turned out alright.

Blueberries and Apples
Simmering blueberries and apple slices

The blueberries where simmered on the stove with a thinly sliced apple and sugar before being topped with a crumbled mixture of margarine (olive spread?), plain flour, oats and sugar and baked at 270°C until the top was golden. I usually like it served with cream or ice-cream, miam miam. And I'm not even a dessert person.

Blueberry Apple Crumble
Blueberry Apple Crumble

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I am such a recipe follower although I am getting a little braver experimenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great and wow u r brave to try without a recipe well done!

    ReplyDelete