Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk

I'm on a bit of a baking spree, last week I decided I was craving cookies and so this is the result. Big fat chewy cookies that were crunchy on the bottom yet still soft and crumbly. I don't have much of a sweet tooth to be honest and these were actually a little too sugary for my taste, so next time I'm going to cut out half the sugar and the chocolate (please don't crucify me when I tell you I'm not a fan of chocolate). For everyone else, these rules should not apply. Original recipe from here.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Ingredients
  • 180 g butter
  • 1/3 cup caster sugar
  • 395 g sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
  • 250 g dark chocolate chips

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C
  2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy, then beat in sweetened condensed milk
  3. Stir in flour, then dark chocolate chips, mix well
  4. Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls, place on oven trays and press down gently
  5. Bake for 15 minutes until golden
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies

I failed to space my cookies apart enough, not anticipating how much they'd rise and they ended up squashing up to each other in the oven, resulting in some straight edges. Nevertheless, still d. Cookies and cold milk, how perfect.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

18 comments:

  1. omg your cookies look amaaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first photo looks gorgeous...I like :D

    I am also from Sydney ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks like the perfect soft batch cookies, perfect dipped in a glass of milk. I won't crucify you for not liking chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum they look beautiful look at that dough droooool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous recipe - thanks for sharing! My 14 year old daughter just made some and they are delicious. We have linked back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made some last night but with less chips... AMAZING!!! I'm in absolute love with them!!! :) I got nearly four dozen out of my batch! So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is the recipe converted for Americans to follow in case anyone's interested. :) My Mom back home wanted the recipe and was lost when I showed her this so I thought maybe others might benefit from the other measurements.

    -butter
    180 g = 6.34 oz
    OR 1 1/2 stick of butter

    -condensed milk
    395 g = 13.93 oz
    OR one can of condensed sweet milk (what I used)

    -chocolate chips
    250 g = 8.81 oz
    OR just use what suits you...
    less tastes best I think.

    -1 1/2 cups self raising flour = same
    -1/3 cup caster sugar = same

    Oven Temperature
    180c = 356f

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Bonny! For the conversion as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome recipe, I put a bit of smooth peanut butter in the mix and less chocolate and they tasted amazing. Thanx for posting this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feeling sick but was totally worth it. Put peanut butter in thankyou Luke and put half white half milk Choc chips. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feeling sick but was totally worth it. Put peanut butter in thankyou Luke and put half white half milk Choc chips. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. loved this recipe first time I made perfect cookies

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGGGGGGGGGGGG THESE ARE MY ABSOULTE FAVOURITE COOKIE NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are a big hit at all the parties I've made them. A hit with the kids and the big kids! They also make alot so it is great to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just tried to make these with soya condenced milk and gluten-free flour. You need a lot more flour, but still taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Been looking for a good condensed milk cookie recipe for a while, yours look perfect (by which I mean it uses marginally less butter than others!). Love the look of your blog by the way, always enjoy finding blogs from other Sydneysiders.

    ReplyDelete