Sunday, March 20, 2011

Well Connected Cafe, Glebe

I'll have you know that in truth, I am really slow with blogging because I am so ridiculously lazy, which has resulted in a backlog, so please excuse me as I catch up on a few posts before I get onto the epicness that was Ramengeddon on Friday (the unofficial end of my Ramen Safari). A few weeks ago Fiona and I finally managed to catch the ever-elusive Sharon for brunch at Well Connected Cafe in Glebe. We sat upstairs on the balcony over-looking Glebe Point Road and Sharon made fun of all the people sipping lattes with their laptops.

Eggs Benedict, Well Connected Cafe
Eggs Benedict $14.50

Fi and Sharon shared the eggs Benedict with bacon, which compromises of two poached eggs on baby spinach and bacon on buttered sourdough toast topped with a Hollandaise. The eggs were perfectly runny, the bacon fried crisp and the Hollandaise a pale gold, needless to say, the plate was demolished in a matter of minutes, though some cracked pepper would've been nice. Please excuse Sharon's impatient fingers and cutlery invading my photo, she was very eager to dig in right away. Also, don't quote me on the prices, I don't really remember the exact numbers but these should be right give or take 50 cents.

Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Asparagus, Well Connected Cafe
Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, asparagus and cream cheese on toast $13

My plate arrives with an enticing presentation of colours of soft, fluffy scrambled eggs with chives, roasted asparagus, two slices of smoked salmon and cream cheese spread on two slices of toasted sourdough. The salmon was folded into a rose but I didn't notice until I began eating and I was too consumed by the food to stop to take another photo. I don't think there's much to say about this, it was perfect and tasted exactly like it should, scrambled eggs is a breakfast classic and this one was faultless. I piled then onto the bread and cheese with a slice of salmon, said poo-poo to table manners and ditched my cutlery to pick up the toast with my hands. I regret nothing.

Cappuccino, Well Connected Cafe
Cappuccino $3.50

Well Connected Cafe
35 Glebe Point Rd, Glebe 2037
Telephone: (02) 9566 2655

Well Connected Cafe on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. goddamn that coffee looks spectacular. it all looks good actually. is your camera complicated and expensive? cos it produces lovely results.

    i'm hungry and wanting coffee now, which is pretty much what you want when writing a food blog right? nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shoot with a Canon EOS 400D, which is an entry-level DSLR so it takes some pretty nice quality photos (:

      I'm always snacking on something when I blog, today was lebanese bread in olive oil haha.

      Delete
  2. Well Connected has some of the best coffee in Sydney I reckon, and I drink a lot of it in many suburbs around the place...the baristas seem different each time I go but they pull it off again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks well above your average cafe fare and at pretty good prices too. I haven't been there for a while but it's worth a re-visit.

    ReplyDelete